These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on The Fellowship Hall. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
- The Fellowship Hall is about the free exchange of ideas, whether it be the discussion of the Christian Gospel or Richard Dawkins's The God Delusion. Be welcoming of diverse ideas, be willing to learn, challenge others, and accept being challenged by others. #
- Online communication is notorious for misunderstandings because it is too easy to assume negative tones; let's do our best to sidestep this issue by assuming the best intentions of others' writings, regardless of how serious or confrontational the conversation may be. Users should not have to overuse smiley faces to make you think they're being nice. #
- While it is important to assume the best of others while here, it is absolutely easier to do that if you follow Wheaton's Law: Don't be a dick. Debates and arguments can be frustrating; that doesn't mean you need to make things worse. #
- You are invited to share links to your websites within your profile and signature, as well as sharing them in your introductory post. Further, you may share links in any topic provided they are relevant to the conversation at hand. Use good judgment; the shameless sharing of links, especially commercial or multi-level marketing links, will be considered spam and is not allowed. #
- The posting of material which is generally considered "adult" or "not safe for work," whether it be explicitly sexual, pornographic, or overtly vulgar is generally prohibited. This applies to avatars, signatures, and post content. Links to such material should be labeled as NSFW in some way. #