If you could bring any famous person (so non-relative, non-friend) back to life, who would you pick and why?

If what you've got to say or share doesn't fit in anywhere else, then it probably fits in here! Assume the best and let friendships flourish herein.
Forum rules
This is a general discussion forum. You can talk about any and everything provided that it doesn't better suit another area of discussion on The Fellowship Hall. Further, we ask that you please keep the conversation "safe for work" or no more adult than PG-13. Thank you.
Secularick
Site Admin
Site Admin
Registered for: 4 months

If you could bring any famous person (so non-relative, non-friend) back to life, who would you pick and why?

Unread post by Secularick »

^^ topic

It's a tough question… I'd love to hear what Einstein would think of the past century of scientific inquiry, or for that matter what Newton would think of the state of physics these days and how far beyond Newtonian ideas we've advanced matters.

It'd be fun to hear what J.S. Bach would come up with, having the incredibly diverse breadth of music nowadays to inspire… or infuriate.

And well, I'd love to have Thomas Paine back for his take on the current state of America. Quite frankly, it's a shame he was never president and that more people don't know his name and position as such an influential founding father.

Secularick, A Friendly Neighborhood Human Guy
One more time around oughtta do it.
twicedouble

Unread post by twicedouble »

Robin Williams.

I don’t really have any reason. He’s just someone I love and I’d be happy just knowing he was out there.

Additionally, I want him to come back to life so he gets to experience BotW.

Don’t read this sentence.
amazingmeag11

I am...

Unread post by amazingmeag11 »

I want to respond to this, but I truly have no idea who I would bring back from the dead as far as famous people. Could I trade in "bring back from the dead" with "make immortal"? Because the only famous person I can think of who I'd bring back from the dead is still alive, and hopefully will be for a very, very, very, very, very long time.

As far as just people in general, I'd bring my Papaw back. I miss him. I'd pick him over anyone else any day.

Also, I'd like to know how long they get to stay if we bring them back. A day? An hour? A year? Until the reviver dies? Forever? I need details before I can make a truly educated decision.

Meagan Ratliff :D
amazingmeag11
John 14:18 "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
The Grawlyn's Way
Secularick
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Secularick »

Assume they come back to life with an intact body free of whatever condition caused their death. If "old age," then give 'em another ten years or so to hit "old age death" again… but other causes of death, be it disease or accident, are still possible.

So who would you make immortal?

Secularick, A Friendly Neighborhood Human Guy
One more time around oughtta do it.
amazingmeag11

I am...

Unread post by amazingmeag11 »

As far as famous people -- Wynonna Judd.

Now if we're talking all people, I'd pick my boyfriend. Maybe if I'm lucky, he'd pick me back. ;)

Meagan Ratliff :D
amazingmeag11
John 14:18 "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
The Grawlyn's Way