Merry Quarantinemas

If what you've got to say or share doesn't fit in anywhere else, then it probably fits in here! Assume the best and let friendships flourish herein.
Forum rules
This is a general discussion forum. You can talk about any and everything provided that it doesn't better suit another area of discussion on The Fellowship Hall. Further, we ask that you please keep the conversation "safe for work" or no more adult than PG-13. Thank you.
Secularick
Site Admin
Site Admin
Registered for: 1 month

Merry Quarantinemas

Unread post by Secularick »

Well, it's Christmas week... doesn't really feel like it much to me. Thanks to circumstances outside of my control, I was hit with a COVID-quarantine, although fortunately not the dreaded C19 itself...

Which means I'm unable to see my kiddo this week. It's been since... Last Wednesday that I've gotten to spend any time with her? I know other families have it worse, but I generally see her three days a week, and I cherish that time. This is hard, having to wait another six days... doubly so because it's Christmas.

Her presents are (mostly -- what's the hurry at this point?) wrapped, every family plan I'm involved with has fallen apart... and it just doesn't feel too holiday-y to me.

On the plus side, I introduced amazingmeag11 to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and she's hooked... which inspired me to finally return to it and make the first bit of real progress in the game (beating one of the main bosses) that I've ever made. So at least that's something.

I hope your holiday week is going well, however you're choosing to and are able to celebrate it.

Merry Christmas from our quarantine to you!

Secularick, A Friendly Neighborhood Human Guy
One more time around oughtta do it.