Favorite Holiday Tradition?

If what you've got to say or share doesn't fit in anywhere else, then it probably fits in here! Assume the best and let friendships flourish herein.
Forum rules
This is a general discussion forum. You can talk about any and everything provided that it doesn't better suit another area of discussion on The Fellowship Hall. Further, we ask that you please keep the conversation "safe for work" or no more adult than PG-13. Thank you.
Secularick
Site Admin
Site Admin
Registered for: 4 months

Favorite Holiday Tradition?

Unread post by Secularick »

What’s your favorite holiday tradition? Any holiday, not necessarily Christmas.

I’ve never been able to get any good traditions established as an adult but am looking forward to it. Evenings with cocoa and holiday stories, ancient Christmas cartoons that refuse to die, and so on…!

I’ve also always enjoyed the drive around to look at lights. That’s probably the most regularly observed tradition I’ve had. And I can’t wait til my own home is one that will be looked at by others doing that drive!

Secularick, A Friendly Neighborhood Human Guy
One more time around oughtta do it.
amazingmeag11

I am...

Unread post by amazingmeag11 »

I can't say that I've regularly observed any traditions. Any time I try to do something, I either fail to get others on board, or I forget about it the next year, or something like a pandemic happens.

I'd love to have a white holiday tree, but instead of only putting it up for Christmas, it stays up all year long and gets redecorated for the different holidays. Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, etc.

If I never do another tradition ever again, that's the one I want to keep up with forever!

Meagan Ratliff :D
amazingmeag11
John 14:18 "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
The Grawlyn's Way
Secularick
Site Admin
Site Admin

I’ve always wanted to do that! And when there is no holiday worthy of decorating for at the time… family interests decorating!

I’d love to have a Borderlands or Star Trek tree a few weeks out of the year, and I’m sure Anya would love a Barbie, American Girl, or whatever tree!

twicedouble

Unread post by twicedouble »

I say rabbit rabbit rabbit every first of the month. Does that count?

But seriously, when my dad was alive he used to make something he called hot noglet during Christmas. It was hot chocolate but he used egg jog instead of milk. It was delicious.

Don’t read this sentence.
Secularick
Site Admin
Site Admin

That… does sound really good, actually.

That reminds me, I haven’t had some nog yet this year.

twicedouble

Unread post by twicedouble »

Neither have I. I’m going to get some to make my own hot noglet.

Don’t read this sentence.
Emperor of Ork

I am...

Unread post by Emperor of Ork »

Watching the Christmas movies Home Alone 1 &2 and Die Hard
Sneaking/testing the Deviled Eggs out of the fridge before the food is served on Thanksgiving.