Theistic and Atheistic Testimonies

All the general religion debates and discussions you could ever want. If your topic pertains to a more specific religion, post it to one of the sub-forums here, if a suitable one exists.
Forum rules
This is a debate-friendly forum. Board-wide rules apply, but expect things to get heated. Further, this is a forum about religion; it is not a religious forum. We do host some "religious" communities here that allow fellowship away from hostile debate, and you may access them by joining the appropriate group from your User Control Panel.
amazingmeag11
Registered for: 3 months

I am...

Theistic and Atheistic Testimonies

Unread post by amazingmeag11 »

The more people I get to know, the more I've noticed the similarities in the way people answer the, "How did you become a Christian?" question and the "How did you become an atheist?" question. The "testimonies" have a similar feel. It seems that both conversion and deconversion center around some sort of revelation or major life change.

Of course, there are exceptions to every rule. Has anyone else noticed this? What is your conversion/deconversion story?

Meagan Ratliff :D
amazingmeag11
John 14:18 "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
The Grawlyn's Way
Secularick
Site Admin
Site Admin
Registered for: 3 months

Unread post by Secularick »

My conversion story; my deconversion story. And though I didn't delve into it in my deconversion story, here is specifically the thing in the Bible that did it to me.

I suspect a lot of atheists will have a similar story, that of "religion just seemed nonsensical" or similar. Mine, not unlike my conversion story, was the result of a singular event and a realization.

Secularick, A Friendly Neighborhood Human Guy
One more time around oughtta do it.