Christmas Music Belongs in ALL Months of the Year

If what you've got to say or share doesn't fit in anywhere else, then it probably fits in here! Assume the best and let friendships flourish herein.
Forum rules
This is a general discussion forum. You can talk about any and everything provided that it doesn't better suit another area of discussion on The Fellowship Hall. Further, we ask that you please keep the conversation "safe for work" or no more adult than PG-13. Thank you.
amazingmeag11
Registered for: 3 months

I am...

Christmas Music Belongs in ALL Months of the Year

Unread post by amazingmeag11 »

I hate how Christmas music is so demonized any time before Thanksgiving. Christmas music is cheery and happy and joyful and should be played all year without criticism. JUST LET PEOPLE BE HAPPY AND SING THEIR CHRISTMAS MUSIC IN PEACE!!!!!!!

Meagan Ratliff :D
amazingmeag11
John 14:18 "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
The Grawlyn's Way
Secularick
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Secularick »

I have Christmas music on my iPod pretty much at all times. It started out because I was too lazy to make proper playlists (some music defies good categorization anyway!), and now I just embrace the stuff. The world can be an ugly place; Christmas music is almost always the opposite of such.

Secularick, A Friendly Neighborhood Human Guy
One more time around oughtta do it.
twicedouble

Unread post by twicedouble »

You would feel differently if you had to hear it incessantly with no control.

My brother listens to it all year round on repeat.

Don’t read this sentence.
Secularick
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Secularick »

When my job starts playing it all the time, it makes me happy. At the very least, mediocre Christmas is better than so much pop.

Secularick, A Friendly Neighborhood Human Guy
One more time around oughtta do it.
amazingmeag11

I am...

Unread post by amazingmeag11 »

When I was a teenager, I hated the fact that I was exactly like my mom. I had no control over it because being like my mom is just who I am. I used to choose to be mad about it and throw a fit anytime someone made a comment about me being exactly like my mom. I eventually decided to embrace my Marcia-esque-ness and I'm so much happier for it.

My point is, embrace the Christmas and other holiday music. You'll be a much happier person for it.

Meagan Ratliff :D
amazingmeag11
John 14:18 "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
The Grawlyn's Way